Building communities and exploring creativity
About. This resource explores the nature of creativity and how to encourage creativity particularly using collaborative ICT activities.
Pedagogical content. This unit engages with the debates surrounding the term ‘creativity(tool)' and explores ways in which ICT(i) creates new opportunities for creativity and collaboration(ta)
||Creativity and ICT
- Engaging in debates on different views of creativity and form a view on what creativity means.
- Recognising the ways in which individuals can be create and generate new knowledge.
- Exploring ways in which ICT creates new opportunities for a creative, collaborative activity.
|Format / structure
Web tutorial unit with four PDF documents and six images
|Table of contents
- Creating creativity.
- Influences on creativity.
- How can ICT support creativity?
- What is creativity?
Creative communities and ICT
- A knowledge-building community - case study: Caswell's cockroaches
- Collaborative creativity - case study: A digital arts collaboration
- A community of writers - case study: Menon poetry
- One hundred possibilities.
- Next steps.
- References and acknowledgements.
Part of the Open University's Teach and Learn series.
|Files and resources to view and download